- I remember running tiger on my iMac 20' Mid 2007, which ironically still supports OS X updates. I was about to install GTA Vice City for Mac, I partially did but then the computer shut down. Once I rebooted, I could not install it due to needing a new version of OS X which I went and bought 10.6 Snow Leopard and it worked.
- This version of Mac OS X is for PowerPC ONLY.X86 emulators like VirtualBox, VMWare or Virtual PC will not work. Use real PowerPC Mac hardware, PearPC or QEMU PPC to emulate this.
- This version of Mac OS X is for PowerPC ONLY. X86 emulators like VirtualBox, VMWare or Virtual PC will not work. Use real PowerPC Mac hardware, PearPC or QEMU PPC to emulate this. Information Product type OS Vendor Apple Release date Fri Aug 23 2002 Minimum CPU PowerPC User interface.
- Get the best deals on Apple Mac OS X 10.4, Tiger Operating System Software and find everything you'll need to improve your home office setup at eBay.com. Fast & Free shipping on many items! Make Offer - VMWare Fusion 1.1 for Mac with Manual & Product Key. VMWare Fusion 1.0 for Mac.
Mac OS X Tiger delivers 200+ new features which make it easier than ever to find, access and enjoy everything on your computer. Best VPN Services for 2020 Curated by Cnet.
- By coreycusickI have an old P4 machine and I want to install OS X Tiger on it, is this possible in 2019, I can't find any torrents for jas 10.4.8
- By TheCoolGuySo i'm trying to install OSX 10.4 Tiger (patched for intel cpus) on a 9 year old laptop, so far i've burnt a DVD and tried to boot from it, when not starting with -v it loads and then a prohibited sign shows up, and when starting with -v it keeps saying 'still waiting for root device', i've tried multipile fixes and none of them work, and im sure there isnt a problem with the computer as it also fails to boot on my core 2 duo machine, so is it possible one of you guys knows how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
- By KingOssyHave found an old Dell laptop with the following specs:
-Intel Pentium III M with 1.2GHz
-16MB ATI Radeon Mobility M6
-40 GB HDD
Can it run Mac Os X Tiger and when yes which patched release do I need?
Couldnt found anything, probably everything is already down.
- By nvidia12So i managed to install Tiger on a Dell Latitude D505 with some coaxing. But the wireless didnt seem to work out of the box ' not a big surprise' People had written these drivers for the hardware i had so i thought it wouldnt be an issue. But i find out now that the links to them are dead because of how long ago they were posted. If anyboody could help me out finding a kext for the
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG/2915ABG
That would be great, cause its hard to find remaining help for these old things.
- By nvidia12Hiya, im new to the forum and also pretty new to hackintoshing itself. I have an old dell latitude d505 and decided to install Tiger on it just to check it out. After days of searching i found a link to download the JaS dvd installer that still worked. I installed it and after a a little coaxing it completed. But when it restarts the apple logo appears with the spinning wheel, then the wheel freezes in place and after a minute i can hear the welcome video begin to play. It just stays on the apple logo with the frozen wheel even though behind the scenes i can tell im on the setup screen due to the sound ques. I know that the x86 project and Tiger have long since parted ways, but if theres anybody that could give me a hand with this that would be awesome. Cause theres not alot of places i could look for help on this ancient project.
Dell Latitude D505
1.4 GHZ Celeron
The Standard Intel Based graphics
It should be possible to patch the AC97 kext for Tiger too, the Hackintosh sites may have a how to still. The office for mac installation did not complete successfully after migration. Like I said I use the Mac Os X 10.4 Tiger For Intel X86,which I never could get to update, but it works graphics are good memory good but no sound at all. Sound is not working for me in Tiger/VMWare though. Feel free to try the.Maxxuss has released a patch for Mac OS X 10.4.4 8G1165 (Intel) to allow it to be installed on a generic PC.
This is a preliminary release of my Patch Solution for the official Mac OS X on the Intel platform. Ultimately, it would allow you to run this Mac OS X release on a generic x86 computer (SSE2 required).
There's still a lot of work and documentation to do, like support for SSE2-only CPUs, a proper installation procedure and a PPF patch. However, if you like to play around, this will get you started.
Vmware Mac Os X PatchThe first version, however, requires installation onto a PCU with SSE3 and NX/XD support. The patch includes: A modified mach_kernel system file (can boot under SSE2; required for VMWare), A AppleSMBIOS kernel extension replacement (only required for VMWare), most importantly, the decrypted system files along with an installation shell script. While the previous Mac OS X for Intel developer releases have been similarly hacked, this represents the first hack for the publicly shipping Intel Mac OS X.
These hacks/patches, of course, are targeted at a limited audience. Certainly, future versions of Mac OS X will break these workarounds, but the potential for widespread Mac OS X on Generic PC installs is one of the foreseeable side effects of Apple's transition to the Intel architecture.