- Free Music Player For Mac
- Best Video Player For Mac
- Best Video And Audio Player For Mac
- Video And Audio Player For Macbook Pro
- Best Free Video Player For Mac
WAV file, also Waveform Audio File Format, is a Microsoft and IBM audio file format standard for storing an audio bitstream on PCs. Windows Media Player, the built-in player on Windows computer supports the WAV playback directly. Still on Mac, QuickTime also supports WAV file opening and playing on Mac.
It is not hard to find the WAV player to play it on your device.
Mac users can try the following alternatives when the VLC media player isn’t working. QuickTime Player. QuickTime player, the best VLC alternative Mac, is the most familiar media players for Mac users. As the default movie player as Mac, QuickTime player is capable of supporting various formats of videos, music, images, and other media. Top 5 free WAV player for Mac and Windows 10/8/7 AnyMP4 Blu-ray Player. Platform: Windows, Mac. AnyMP4 Blu-ray Player is the fantastic media player to play video, audio, DVD and Blu-ray on your computer. It can play your WAV file smoothly on Windows 10/8/7 and Mac freely. This free media player can be your best WAV playback on computer.
In this post, we gather the best-8-list of free WAV player, so that you can find the most suitable WAV player on your device.
Part 1. Top 5 free WAV player for Mac and Windows 10/8/7
AnyMP4 Blu-ray Player
Platform: Windows, Mac
AnyMP4 Blu-ray Player is the fantastic media player to play video, audio, DVD and Blu-ray on your computer. It can play your WAV file smoothly on Windows 10/8/7 and Mac freely. This free media player can be your best WAV playback on computer.
- • Play any audio file like WAV, WMA, AIFF, AAC, ALAC, etc. on computer.
- • Play video like WMV, AVI, FLV, SWF, MKV, MOV, 3GP, etc. on computer.
- • Play HD video high up to 4K, and 3D video on computer.
- • Adjust audio track, channel and device according to your own needs.
- • Hotkeys to adjust forward, backward, volume up/down freely.
- • Play DVD and Blu-ray on your computer.
- • Free trial version does not support Blu-ray playback.
VLC Media Player
Platform: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android
VLC Media Player, as its name replies, is the media player. It is the free and open source cross-platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, Ubuntu, etc.) media player. As the media player, it can play WAV file on your computer or mobile phone smoothly. Moreover, VLC is powerful to possess other features, like DVD ripping, converting to MP4, etc.
- • Play WAV (including DTS), AAC, AC3, FLAC, MIDI, etc.
- • Play AVI, ASF, WMA, MOV, 3GP, etc.
- • Support cross-platform playback on computer.
- • Advanced features like audio channel, mode, track, etc.
- • Convert video, audio, and DVD.
- • Interface is not user-friendly.
- • It crashes sometimes when playing WAV file.
Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player is the Windows-based media player. It is the free built-in media player to support video and audio playback on your Windows 10/8/7 computer.
- • Play WAV, AAC, AIFF, WMA, MIDI, FLAC, etc.
- • Play MP4, 3GP, MPEG, MOV, M4V, M2TS, etc. on computer.
- • Play CD/DVD on computer.
- • Not every Windows version is supported with this software.
- • Support limited video and audio formats.
- • It is not easy to update or uninstall this WAV player on your computer.
Free Music Player For Mac
QuickTime Player is the built-in player on Mac. It is not only the WAV player, but also the media recorder and editor. As the Mac built-in player, it is free to play the Mac supported formats.
- • Play MP3, AIFF, WAV, AU, SD2, SND and AMR.
- • Play MP4, M4V, 3GPP/3GPP2, AVI, AVCHD, and DVD.
- • Use the playback controls or Touch Bar to play WAV file.
- • Support split screen playback on Mac.
Best Video Player For Mac
- • For playing Windows supported file format, you need to download Windows Media Components.
- • Only supported limited audio file formats on Mac.
Platform: Windows, Mac
iTunes is the data backup tool? Not exactly. It can also be the WAV player to play it on your computer. Accepted WAV, MP3, AAC, AIFF and ALAC, this free WAV player lets you play WAV file, or convert other accepted formats to WAV for playback on your computer.
- • It is easy to play WAV file by dragging to the player.
- • Support shuffle playback, play next or later.
Best Video And Audio Player For Mac
- • Only support limited audio or video formats.
- • No more advanced controls for WAV playback.
- • Not easy to manage the WAV playlist on computer.
Part 2. Top 3 WAV player for Android and iPhone
Besides the WAV player on computer, you may also need to WAV player on your iPhone or Android phone. Portable WAV player is very necessary to avoid any embarrass brought by the unsupported formats with your phone built-in player.
In this part, we gather the best 3 MOV player for Android and iPhone, so that you can easily play WAV file conveniently.
VLC for Android
Platform: Android, iOS, Windows, Mac
VLC for Android is the Android version of VLC, which lets you open WAV file with this free media player on your Android device.
VLC for Android plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
- • Play WAV files directly on your Android phone.
- • Play all weird audio formats (OGG, WAV, WMA, FLAC, etc.) with an equalizer and filters.
- • Totally free without any ad to play WAV file.
- • It always crashes on Android phone.
- • Interface is not very user-friendly.
Deezer is the music player for Android that provides you with the simple interface to play WAV file. Not only WAV file loaded locally, it also lets you play online music with this app on your Android phone.
- • Play the new releases from your favorite artists.
- • Support a wide of audio playback like WAV, OGG, M4A, ALAC, AIFF, etc.
- • It does not play WAV while in background.
- • Play WAV files in a not good.
PlayerXtreme Media Player
Video And Audio Player For Macbook Pro
PlayerXtreme Media Player is the video and audio player for iPhone, iPad and iPod. Not only play local WAV files, it also lets you download videos from network devices, and access your files via web browser.
- • Play WAV file even from email attachments.
- • Control the playback like volume up/down, continues playback, etc.
- • New navigation and search brings you refreshed library.
- • Some of the features are not free.
- More music players for iPhone, you should visti it here.
Part 3. How to play WAV file on computer
After getting to know the best-8-list of WAV player for computer and mobile phone, you can easily get what you want according to the disadvantages and disadvantages.
Here, we will take AnyMP4 Blu-ray Player, as the example, to show how to play WAV file on computer easily.
Step 1. Free download this software on your computer, install and launch it immediately.
Step 2. Click 'Open File' to navigate the WAV file you want to play, click 'Open' to start to play WAV file on your computer.
Step 3. You are able to click 'Controls' menu to see the WAV playback control hotkeys to adjust the volume, forward, etc.
Part 4: FAQs of WAV player
What does a typical WAV file contain?
WAV, is an audio file format standard which contains audio bitstream. It can hold both compressed audio and uncompressed audio, but the uncompressed audio is the typical hold.
Best Free Video Player For Mac
Is WAV still in use?
Yes. WAV, developed by Microsoft and IBM, is the main format used on Microsoft Windows system for raw and typically uncompressed audio. Though the uncompressed WAV files are large and not common over the Internet, however, it is commonly used for retaining first generation achieved files of high quality.
Does WAV require a license?
No. WAV requires no license to use, because it is unencumbered.
In this post, we gather the best 8 WAV player to watch WAV files freely on Windows 10/8/7, Mac, iPhone and Android phone. For playing WAV files smoothly, you need to select the best WAV player from the above list.
Any good WAV player from your experience? Leave your comments below.