- Quantum Gis For Mac
- Quantum Gis Para Mac
- Quantum Gis For Mac Windows 10
- Quantum Gis For Mac Shortcut
- Quantum Gis For Mac Installer
QGIS Tutorial for Beginners
QGIS Tutorial – A Practical Approach
For Mac platfforms there are TNTmips, which is a profeesioanl GIS and Remote sensing software, this tool is a strong rival for ESRI products, alos is a cross-platform between MAC, Win, Lunix and Solaris. Also, both Quantum GIS and uDIG are cross platform PC-Mac-Linux.I’ve tried them & they’re good one. The frameworks and installer above are for Mac OS X Lion (10.7) and Snow Leopard (10.6). For other OSX versions, visit KyngChaos Qgis download page. To get version information about your Mac, click Apple Icon – About This Mac.
Quantum GIS 2.8.1 is a third party application that provides additional functionality to OS X system and enjoys a popularity among Mac users. However, instead of installing it by dragging its icon to the Application folder, uninstalling Quantum GIS 2.8.1 may need you to. Quantum GIS (qGIS) Basic Information. Quantum GIS is an Open Source GIS system that runs on all manner of operating systems, from Windows to Unix to Linux and OSX. Because of its open source nature there is no real designated market, rather it appears to be aimed at creating a functional GIS system that works across platforms. Qgis 3.14.16 for Mac is free to download from our software library. The program lies within Lifestyle Tools, more precisely Travel. This Mac download was scanned by our antivirus and was rated as safe. This free Mac application is an intellectual property of org.qgis. The most popular versions among the program users are 2.4, 1.8 and 1.7.
QGIS has become a great free GIS software. It’s available for various operating systems including Windows, Mac and also Linux. QGIS comes with many premium features you need to build great maps, GIS databases and many more. I am going to dedicate this QGIS Tutorial for Beginners page for everyone who wants to learn more about QGIS. I am going to update this page regularly so please bookmark this for future tutorials, tips, and tricks. If you have any questions, please leave us your message and we will try to respond it as soon as possible. We do hope that this tutorial is going to be useful for anyone who want to learn GIS.
Section 1. Introduction and QGIS Installation
This section gives a quick introduction to QGIS and the installation process. QGIS is available for various operating systems including Windows, Mac and also Linux. You can grab the latest version from the official website at http://download.qgis.org/
- Installation and Overview If you are running Windows, you can download the latest QGIS Installation package from QGIS Download Page. Double click the setup (.exe) file to start the installation process. If you are running Linux such as Ubuntu, Debian, you can visit the following links to see how to install QGIS on several Linux distributions.
–Install QGIS on Ubuntu.
– How to Install QGIS on Windows 10
– Install QGIS on Fedora
– How to install QGIS on Debian 10
- Basic QGIS Operation
In QGIS, we can do so many things from the very basic to the advanced tasks. Below, you can learn how to do some basic stuffs in QGIS.
– Create a new shapefile in QGIS
– Add new fields to a layer/table
– Open MapInfo table layer to QGIS
– Open Google KML on QGIS
Section 2. Data Interoperability
On this section, you will learn how QGIS handles various data types, how to open and import files to QGIS. You can also see how to use the online data source using WMS, WMTS service.
- If you have spatial files in Mapinfo (TAB) format, you can easily Import Mapinfo Table to QGIS. It is very easy to import a Mapinfo table into QGIS without losing any information.
- If you don’t have any data to start with, No problem, this tutorial will show you how to create a new Shapefile on QGIS.
- Add WMTS Layer to QGIS. WMTS (Web Map Tile Service) is an online map service. See how to configure WMTS on QGIS.
- Want to display your data in Google Earth? Well, read this how to Export to KML from QGIS that will help you export your file to KML format from QGIS.
- How to Open PostgreSQL Table in QGIS. This tutorial will guide you on how to open a non-spatial PostgreSQL table in QGIS. If you have X, Y data without any spatial information, you can follow this tutorial. We can then build or create points using this table.
- Open the MySQL database in QGIS. Is your data in MySQL database format? Don’t worry, QGIS can handle the MySQL table very well. Read this tutorial if you want to open the MySQL table in QGIS.
- Open CSV File in QGIS. QGIS supports Microsoft Excel as well as CSV file. In this article, you will see how to open CSV file and create points from the CSV file within QGIS.
Section 3. Data Display
Learn how we display various spatial data into QGIS Canvas. We also learn how to change the display properties such as color, line width, size and so on.
- Add vector layer to QGIS. QGIS tutorial that will show you how to add vector layer to QGIS.
- Add raster layer to QGIS. A Quick tutorial to load raster (image) to QGIS.
Section 4. Database Connection
On this section, we will learn some basic database operation on QGIS. QGIS supports several spatial databases such as PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, SQLite/Spatialite database.
- How to create a new a Spatialite database on QGIS. Spatialite database is a lightweight, portable database that is great for storing many vector datasets. But, it does not support multi concurrent users connections.
- Install PostGIS on Linux. This tutorial will guide you how to install and configure PostGIS. You will be able to turn the PostgreSQL database to store spatial datasets. If you are running Ubuntu 18.04, you can follow my tutorial to install PostGIS on Ubuntu 18.04.
- Connect to PostGIS from QGIS. A quick tutorial to connect QGIS to PostGIS database.
- Export shapefile to PostGIS. This article will guide you how to export shapefile to PostGIS database from QGIS.
- Open PostGIS table in QGIS. QGIS supports PostGIS very well. This tutorial will show you how to open PostGIS table in QGIS.
Section 5. Data Manipulation
This section will discuss how to modify tables, layers or data in QGIS.
- Add Auto Incremental Field. You will learn how to add a new field containing incremental values.
- Calculate length. This tutorial will show you how to calculate length of a vector layer o QGIS.
Section 6. Vector Operation
You will find many QGIS tutorial that related to vector operation.
- Generate contour from SRTM data file. This tutorial will guide you to create contour from an SRTM file easily.
Section 7. Map Output
On this section, you will find some tutorial to produce maps as output in QGIS.
Quantum GIS (QGIS) is a user friendly Open Source Geographic Information System (GIS) that runs on several operating systems (Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, and Windows). QGIS supports vector, raster, and database formats. QGIS is licensed under the GNU Public License.
This guide walks through the installation of QGIS depending on your operating system.
The installers for Windows and Mac are available as download links. The current version available is QGIS 1.4.0 ‘Enceladus’. If you need installers for other operating systems other than what is provided below, go to the QGIS download page.
1.1. MS Windows¶
The screen-shots provided is the install process under Windows XP. It is assumed that you have administrative privilege in your system. The process should be similar on Vista and Windows 7. However, there maybe occasions that you will be prompted to provide administrative account details. To run the installer as administrator, right-click the installer and choose Runasadministrator.
- Download installers
Download the packages provided below:
- Microsoft C Runtime Libraries - vcredist_x86.exe
- QGIS 1.6 Standalone Installer - QGIS-OSGeo4W-1.6.0-14615-Setup-2.exe
Quantum Gis For Mac
- Install Microsoft C Runtime Libraries
- Double-click the downloaded vcredist_x86.exe.
- Click Next.
- Accept the license term by marking a check preceding the “I have read and accept the license terms” text. Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- Install QGIS
- Double-click the downloaded QGIS-OSGeo4W-1.6.0-14615-Setup-2.exe.
- Click Next.
- Accept the License Agreement by clicking I Agree.
- You can choose where to install QGIS in your system by selecting the appropriate directory using the Browse button. We accept the default for now by hitting Next.
- Aside from the main QGIS application, you have an option to download sample datasets provided by the QGIS developers. These data will be downloaded during the install process. Some of the data are several hundreds of Megabytes, we will not use them for now. Un-mark any of the optional sample datasets and hit Install.
Quantum Gis Para Mac
- Installation would take a couple of minutes depending on your hardware specs.
- Click [FINISH] to complete your install process.
- Launch QGIS
- You can now start QGIS by hitting Start>All Programs>Quantum GIS Copiapo>Quantum GIS Copiapo.
- Uninstall QGIS
- Simply choose Start>All Programs>Quantum GIS Copiapo>Uninstall Quantum GIS Copiapo.
1.2. Mac OSX¶
- Download installer
Download the dmg installer provided below:
- for Mac Leopard (10.5) - Qgis(standalone)-1.4.0-4-Leopard.dmg
- for Mac Leopard Snow (10.6) - Qgis(standalone)-1.4.0-4-Snow.dmg
Make sure you download the installer specific to your Mac OSX version. To get version information about your Mac, click Apple Icon>About This Mac.
- Install the application
- Double-click the downloaded “dmg”.
- A new finder window will open. Copy or drag the Qgis.app to your Applications folder
- Launch QGIS
- Double-click the Qgis.app from your Applications directory
- Remove QGIS
- Drag the Qgis.app from your Applications directory to the Trash icon in your Dock
1.3. GNU/Linux Ubuntu¶
Command line instructions are outlined from hereon. It is assumed you know basic command line interface (CLI) and you have administrative privilege to install applications in your Ubuntu Linux machine. Depending on your Ubuntu version, installation may vary. The instructions below are for Ubuntu Karmic Koala version.
- Update your Ubuntu machine.
Open Terminal and update all security updates:
- Install QGIS using UbuntuGIS repository.
Open Terminal and edit your repository list:
Add the UbuntuGIS repository:
Add PPA key to your system so Ubuntu can verify the packages from the PPA:
This will now pull down the PPA’s key and add it to your system.
Quantum Gis For Mac Windows 10
- Start QGIS by hitting Applications>Science>Quantum GIS
Quantum Gis For Mac Shortcut
- Remove QGIS.
Quantum Gis For Mac Installer
Open Terminal and remove the qgis application: