- Export Email Outlook For Mac
- Outlook For Mac Export Email
- Outlook For Mac Export Olm
- Outlook For Mac Export
- Outlook For Mac Export Pst
This page describes a simple process to export Outlook email for import into Apple Mac Mail or Outlook for Mac. The conversion process is very simple and all it takes is a few simple steps to transfer all your messages. (We have a solution for Contact and Calendar migration as well). Case 1: Most users have the requirement to export Mac mail to Windows Outlook. The reason is switching from the Mac-based OS to Windows OS. It can also be a work-related scenario where the entire organization is switching its operating system platform. Step 1: Export OLM file from Mac Outlook 2019. Step 2: Set up Gmail in Mac Outlook 2019. Step 3: Transfer Mac Outlook data to Gmail. Step 4: Export Mac OLM data into Outlook PST. Without wasting much of your time let’s have a quick look at these steps. Step 1: Export OLM file from Outlook for Mac 2019. Open Mac Outlook then Hit the Export button.
The Outlook for Mac is a desktop-based email client for Mac Operating system. Users used it for sending or receiving email messages from one computer to another. It also stores other information such as calendars, contacts, tasks, etc. The Outlook for Mac stores their all data in OLM file format. Users can export from Mac Outlook to OLM file format. Sometimes, users become failed to transfer Outlook Mac data files to OLM and received error messages. These errors mainly occur due to the corruption in Outlook data files. Sometimes, Mac Outlook unable to export large size database to OLM so users face difficulty in exporting Mac Outlook database.
“I am running Outlook 2011 on my Mac OS based system. Now, I want to save Mac Outlook data files on my local machine. However, I do not know how I can export Outlook Mac data files to OLM file. Is there anyone, who can help me to export Mac Outlook database files to OLM? Please provide me the relevant method to save Mac Outlook data files to OLM file format.”
“When I was trying to export Mac Outlook data files to OLM file format then I faced some problems, which may lead to the failure of the exporting process due to some error. I have no idea why the exporting process becomes failed. I want to save all data of Mac Outlook on my local machine so suggest me any simple and effective solution to resolve the error.”
“I have large size data files in Outlook for Mac email client. I want to transfer Mac Outlook Data to OLM file format. However, when I was trying to export them in OLM then I was unable to do that due to the large size of the files. I do not know how I can reduce the size of files to transfer in OLM. So please help me by providing a useful solution.”
How To Export Data From Mac Outlook To OLM File?
In this section, we are going to discuss the procedure to export Outlook Mac data to OLM format.
For Mac Outlook 2016
- Go through the below mentioned steps to export Outlook 2016 data files to OLM:
- Start Outlook application on your Mac machine
- Click on Tools and then select the Export option
- An Export to Archive File(.olm) window will appear, in which select the items which you want to export and then click on Continue
- Select the desired location where you want to save data files and then click on Save
- After completion of the exporting process, click on Finish
Outlook 2011 For Mac
Follow the below mentioned steps to export data files of Outlook 2011 to OLM:
- Open MS Outlook for Mac application on your system
- Go to File and then select Export
- Now, click on Outlook for Mac Data File
- Select the items which you want to export as per your requirement and then click on the right arrow to continue the process
- After completion of the export process, click on Done
Export Email Outlook For Mac
Error While Export Mac Outlook Data to OLM
Error – ‘An unknown error has occurred in Outlook. Error code – 17199’
Error – ‘This application failed to start because OLM.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem’
Why These Errors Occur?
The reasons behind the failure of Outlook data files exporting process are listed as follows:
- Corruption in Outlook for Mac database files
- The large size of Outlook data files
Reasons Behind Corruption Of Outlook Data Files
The corruption in Mac Outlook database is main cause due to which users face problems to export data from Mac Outlook to OLM file format. There are various reasons behind the corruption in data files. Some of them are listed below:
- Failure of internet connection while the database is in working state
- Improper Outlook installation on the Mac OS based machine
- Sudden crashing of Outlook for Mac which leads inaccessible OLM file
- The occurrence of error while updating outlook from lower version to the latest
- Sudden crashing of Server
- Abnormal system shutdown
- Hard disk drive failure
If you have a backup of Outlook for Mac database files then by restoring data from that update backup, you can fix the errors, which occurs when users try to export data from Outlook to OLM. Alternatively, you can use any third party tool Outlook Mac Recovery to recover data from Mac Outlook data files.
In this post, we have discussed that how a user can export data from Mac Outlook to OLM file format. We have described the issues, which occur at the time of the exporting process. The corruption in Outlook data files and the large size of the database are the two main causes of the failure of the exporting process. These causes can be solved by restoring data from the updated backup or by using any third party data recovery tool.
Both Apple Mail and Outlook are the major email clients for Mac. Apple Mail is free and comes preinstalled on the Mac system, while MS Outlook is a commercial email client. Still, out of the two, Outlook is more preferred because of its usability, extensive set of features and security updates. More and more Apple Mail users are migrating to Outlook for Mac for compatibility with Exchange and Office 365.
In this article, we explain the methods using which a user can easily import Apple Mail to Outlook for Mac. But first, let us take a look at the general misconception associated with this process.
There are many misconceptions around this email migration. Outlook for Mac 2016 & 2019 creates an MBOX file when users drag and drop the mailbox folder to the desktop. This led to users believing that there must be an import functionality as well. However, this is not the case. MS Outlook provides the import option only for PST and OLM mailbox files. So, a user needs to convert Mac MBOX to PST or OLM to be able to import it in Outlook. This statement holds true for even Apple Mail as this Mac email client uses MBOX files for storing email messages.
Although this is the most preferable method to migrate Apple Mail files into Outlook, users can skip it entirely with the manual method. So, without further ado let us begin the manual method first.
Manual Method to Import Apple Mail to Outlook using IMAP:
- Create a new Yahoo Mail account.
- Run Apple Mail, go to Preferences and select Accounts to open the Accounts tab.
- In the Account window, click on the ‘+’ icon and type full name, yahoo email address and password and click on Continue.
- Now, enter imap.mail.yahoo.com in the Incoming Mail server tab and input email address and password.
- In the Outgoing Mail Server window, input smtp.mail.yahoo.com along with user credentials and click on Continue.
- The Account Summary window will open. Users can verify the settings here and click on Create to configure Yahoo mail with Apple Mail.
- Now, move all the emails from Apple Mail to the Yahoo inbox folder.
- Once the data is moved, run MS Outlook for Mac 2016/2019 and go to Tools to select Accounts option.
- Click on the ‘+’ symbol at the lower left of the Accounts panel and select Other Email option.
- Enter the email address and password to reveal more settings and input the fields as follows:
- Server – imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 993
- Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 465 or 587
- Requires SSL – Yes
- Click on the Add account button and click Continue on the Certificate dialog box, if it appears.
- Now users can access all the Apple Mail mailboxes in Outlook for Mac 2016/2019.
Third-Party Tool for Fast Apple Mail to Outlook Migration:
Users who have tried the manual method know how lengthy it is. The manual method involves synchronization at two ends which ends up taking a lot of time. The chances of data loss are also high due to the long steps involved in the process. This is the reason why most users want to import Apple Mail to Outlook with third-party software, especially for large mailboxes.
Outlook For Mac Export Email
MBOX to PST Converter for Mac is an adequate tool for such user needs. It converts multiple MBOX files of Apple Mail into PST format. Using this solution retains the email attributes and metadata of the Apple mailbox files. Moreover, it also allows the user to import the Apple MBOX file in Outlook for Mac 2016 or 2019 without any issues. Users can take advantage of the multiple advanced options given in the tool such as mail filters, split .pst file, and more.
Follow the steps to import Apple Mail Emails to Outlook Mac
- Run the MBOX to PST Converter for Mac on user system.
- Click on “Add File” or “Add Folder” option to import Apple Mail MBOX file(s).
- Select “PST” and choose location to save Outlook data file.
- Click “Export” to start converting Apple Mail to Outlook PST file.
Outlook For Mac Export Olm
Optional: Users can also apply “Advance Settings” such as Create Single PST file, Split PST option and Date Filter for the conversion.
Outlook For Mac Export
Additional Information- Exporting Apple Mail Mailboxes:
Outlook For Mac Export Pst
Apple Mail stores its mailbox data in MBOX folders. Users can either go to its default location () to locate the MBOX files or export Apple mailboxes manually as follows:
- Select the mailbox folder(s) in Apple Mail that user wishes to import to Outlook
- Go to Mailbox in ribbon bar and click on the Export Mailbox button.
- Choose a folder to export the MBOX file from Apple Mail & click Choose.
For the migration of Apple Mail emails to MS Outlook, users can take the help of either of the methods provided in this article. But for fast and effortless migration, it is suggested to use a third-party tool. This tool preserves the integrity of email messages and helps to import Apple Mail to Outlook for Mac 2016 & 2019. Users can try the free demo version first and then decide about the method.