“Hi, I wanted to copy data from my friend’s hard disk. So I connected the drive to my PC, but I got an error message that states, “SMART Failure predicted on primary Master, WARNING: Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent”. Somehow I booted the system. Windows recognized the disk but it didn’t show the HDD in Explorer. I ran some program to fix the issue, but no use. Instead, I got various errors that I tried to fix using solutions provided in internet and failed. What else can I do? I really need to recover data from this disk. How can I do it? Is it possible to fix this SMART error and copy disk data securely? Every suggestion is appreciated! Thanks a lot”
What is S.M.A.R.T. error?
SMART Utility 3.2.6 is Out! SMART Utility 3.2.6 has been released, which adds full support for Catalina. NOTE: This is the last free version. Version 4.0 will be out soon, and will be a paid upgrade, unless you purchased after May 1st, 2016 and then it is free. Best smart home devices Guide. If you have replaced the hard drive on your Mac with an SSD (which you should do), you already know how much faster your computer is. HD Tune Pro is a hard disk / SSD utility with many functions. It can be used to measure the drive's performance, scan for errors, check the health status (S.M.A.R.T.). May 09, 2019 The Best External Hard Drives and SSDs for Mac in 2020. Looking to add storage, or for a smart way to back up your Mac? Here's what you need to know, along with our top-rated Apple-friendly drives.
S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) is an algorithm built in hard disks/SSDs, which discovers bad sectors and foresees impending errors on the drive.
When SMART failure predicts on the hard drive it might be an indication of failing disk. Presence of bad sectors in more number, increased drive's temperature or other environmental conditions sometimes gives rise to SMART error. You are facing instances like unable to access the drive data, system no longer detecting the drive etc because of SMART error then it is suggested to safeguard your data from failing disk/SSD and proceed to fix the issue.
How to recover data from drive after SMART error?
- Connect the disk/SSD showing SMART error to a working Windows PC
- Run Yodot Hard Drive Recovery tool using Download Now option
- Choose Partition Recovery and select attached drive from list
- Click on Mark all/Skip button and go Next
- Mark data which you need to recover in File Type View or Data View
- Save restored data safely on computer (Not onto the same drive)
How to fix SMART error?
- Click Start button and got to Computer
- Right-click on your hard drive
- Click on Properties
- Select Tools and choose Check Now option
- Tick checkbox next to Automatically Fix File System Errors
- Check the checkbox next to Scan for and Attempt Recovery of Bad Sectors
- Click OK and reboot your computer once it is done
You may also face SMART error on Mac systems when you try to install OS X and thus you will not be able to complete installation process. So to fix the SMART error on Mac follow below mentioned steps.
- Insert Apple Restore disk
- Start computer and hold C key
- Release it when gray Apple logo appears
- Now Language selector window pops-up
- Click the Right-Pointing arrow
- Highlight Use English as the Main Language option
- Click on Utilities in next screen and choose Disk Utility
- Choose the hard drive listed in left navigation panel
- Finally hit Repair Disk button
- Reboot the computer when the process gets completed
Way to recover data after hard drive errors:
Yodot Hard Drive Recovery is a user friendly application that scans each and every bit of hard drive and restores entire data regardless of any error that you are facing. You can employ the program to restore files and folders from systems after experiencing boot sector corruption, file system corruption, MBR corruption and more. The utility can retrieve all types of files such as MS Office, text documents, media files, compressed files and more on Windows laptops and desktops. Apart from internal drive, the software also assists you in retrieving data from external hard drive as well as pen drive, memory card, memory stick etc storage spaces. The program runs flawlessly on all versions of Windows OS and provides you an ultimate technical assistance. The tool effectively recovers data from system volume information, along with crashed, corrupted, failed and unmountable hard disk drives.
Hdd Smart Reader For Mac
Format Mac Hdd
- Monitor your system regularly and remove suspicious, malicious items
- Take care of the hard disk; safeguard it from any logical or physical damage