- Most friendly and simple software to open zip files and rar files for Mac OS. Free download available for Mac. Unzip any archive with single click.
- Archive.is will also host that backup much in the same way that The Internet Archive does. Otherwise, a desktop tool like PicPick on Windows or Skitch on Mac will do the trick.
- Related: 5 Built-in Mac Security Software you Never Knew in OS X. BetterZip 2 is a powerful archive manager for MAC. If you only need a few files or folders from a larger archive like RAR Mac file or any other compressed file format, you don’t have to extract the whole thing.
The advantage of cloning is that it makes an exact copy of your Mac’s hard drive at the bit level. If anything happens to your Mac, you can boot directly from the backup clone and carry on working without having first to replace your hard drive and restore your data. As a best practice, you should keep both a file backup and a clone of your Mac.
Take a look at what's available. We are sure you'll
find something to make your OS X experience better!
Just click on the title of the page you would like to visit ;)
Welcome to the PowerPC Archive, we hope you enjoy your stay!
Here is where you find our recommended applications that are used on a day-to-day basis.
Need some cool tools to do a bit more out of your Mac such as an alarm clock or benchmarks?
Need a Word processor,
or get the full rundown on your stocks? Or sync files between computers?
So you want to watch that DVD you have next to you. Not a problem with a PPC! Still great for 720p!
Have some downtime? Make the most of it and spend hours upon hours with these games.
Find updates for OS X. Such as Combo Updates (10.4.11, 10.5.8), QuickTime, iTunes, Java, iLife, iWork, and everything Apple!
PowerPC Macs can still serve well as servers! File Sharing, Backups and NetBooting, we've found some software for you!
Want to make your Mac look like
a brand new Intel one with
themes, or screensavers?
We have a page just for that!
We tested shareware apps, however they can't be downloaded here. Don't worry, you can still find
some info out on them!
OS 9 Software COMING SOON
To support the old classic machines, we will soon have a
selection of software that will work with these OS9 Macs.
Coming Fall 2016
What Macs do you Own?
We posted a poll to see what computer has the most votes. While a G5 may be a decent day-to-day computer, the G3's are vintage and still can do some amazing things such as being the jukebox at a party or a kitchen computer, or go to extreme lengths and use them as your daily machine!
The list is a bit long, so why not fill the text here! Quite a few people still have Power Mac G5s kicking around, and quite a few people have iMac G3s around as well. That's our guess of what still has the most ground in the PowerPC World. The PPC Archive team ourselves has a variety of machines, ranging from iMac G3s, Blue and Whites, iBooks, PowerBooks, and G5 systems!
Some, still have Xserve computers that they use! Crazy thought, a rack server as a main PPC mac, but hey it's still a Mac! All the computers on the list to the right are cool, and each one pushed Apple further and further into the modern world. No other PC was designed like the early 2000 Apple computers. Today, there is a boatload of all in one computers like the current iMac. All the laptops out there are out to beat the 'ultrabook' MacBook Air. Companies such as Dell and HP attempt to steal the design that makes the MacBook Pro what it is. People look at the Mac mini as a excellent home computer or to make a super cool TV Media Center Setup, or even go to the extreme and use one as a server for 30+ iMacs! All of these design terms were the same during the PowerPC era of time!
At the end of the day, Apple is still the one to beat!
You will not find any app that can perform all tasks related to your data. That may archive, compress, decompress, recover and protect your files. In this article, I am telling you about a fantastic app that can do all. That may perform all these tasks in one place, which may recover your password-protected files. I shall tell you about the app that can be installed on your android phone, IOS device, and PC. This application helps you all your concerns about file management. This app maybe your best file manager. It helps you to archive, manage your files.
- 9 Availability on other systems
Mac Archive Utility
Though there are different files extraction and solution app on the web, all are basic and do not offer a comprehensive solution. If you are looking for an extremely file archive manager and extractor for your android, iPhone or PC, then Zarchiver is app just for you. Zarchiver can extract, archive, and create almost all file types in use. It is an application for the android platform that helps you in compressing, decompressing, and removing from almost all compressed formats. You can rightly call it an all in one tool that can create compressed zip files in every file format.
Zarchiver is a more powerful tool when it comes to decompression or extraction of files. It magically supports more file systems for extraction than recommended for creating compressed archives. It is a free app where you need not spend a penny for your zip file management on your android phone or windows PC. When we talk about additional functions of Zarchiver, it supports password-protected files. If you have archived your file and compressed it on your PC or laptop, Zarchiver gives you the capability of extracting or decompressing it on your android device through a password, and you can recover on the go quickly. You can partially decompress your file through Zarchiver. For example, if you need some excerpts from your archived files, you can do it through Zarchiver pro.
File types 001.002 are also managed and supported by Zarchiver.
Mac Programs List
Features of Zarchiver
As it is told, Zarchiver is an all in one app for your file management. Its main features are as under:
- Zarchiver is useful for multicourse processors, and it supports multi-threading.
- There is no complexity in file selection; you can click on the file name icon to select files. There is no need for multi-select mode.
- It supports UTF-8 and UTF-16. You can use a national symbol to name your data.
- It can be downloaded and installed on all types of android devices.
- To ensure safety and protection of your privacy, you can set a password for files and folders. For this purpose, it supports all encryption methods such as AES-256, etc.
- Different options are available as a copy, cut, share, and delete.
- You have all the compression options. They are fast, fastest, medium, and ultra.
- Options for encryption are also there.
- It is an excellent file manager and assistant for you. You can compress, decompress files. You can skillfully handle your files and automatically move from one folder to the other.
- It keeps your data secure with no concern of misplacing your files. Your information and data remain safe and secure.
- You can archive your files in parts and different formats.
- There are some features of Zarchiver that need the root access, so if you want to benefit from all Zarchiver features, you will have to root your device.
- You can create unlimited archives.
Types of Zarchiver support
- Following archives and compression types are available in Zarchiver:
Zip, 7z, gzip, xz, tar.
- Following archives may be decompressed and extracted:
zip, rare, 7z (7zip), rar5, grip, bzip2, xz, tar, rar, iso, cab, lha, lzma, lzh, jar, tbz, tgz, Z, rpm, deb, mtz, zipx, chm, cpio, dmg, img (fat, NTFS, but), cramfs, ECM, wim, arc (freearc).
- You can edit, remove the following file types:
zip, tar, 7zip, apk, mtz.
- you can decompress and compress password protected files.
- The partial archive decompression is also possible with the Zarchiver Pro.
- You can open compressed files.
- Also, from mail application, you can open an archive file using this Zarchiver app.
- You can extract the following split archives: zip, 7z, and rar (zip.001, 7z.001, part1.rar, z01).
- With this Zarchiver, you can compress and decompress the password-protected archives.
- Also, multi-part archives can be compressed/ created, and decompressed/ extracted like 7z, rar (decompress only).
Advantages of Zarchiver
There are some advantages and pros of Zarchiver. For a complete insight into the app, it is good to give some of its pros. You can read and extract different file formats such as 7z, zip, and other file systems and formats. Similarly, you can create archives of zx, tar, and gzip file formats. Zarchiver supports password protected and encrypted archives. It has a built-in file management system. You can edit your archived files, and you can extract multi-part archives. This is available only for 7z and RAR file formats. Zarchiver decompresses your archives partially if you want so. It gets your files open from your mail app. It supports multicore CPUs. You can donate to support app developer, and there are no advertisements. It is easy to use and has an attractive and fantastic interface.
Cons of Zarchiver
There has been detected no disadvantage for Zarchiver. There are some views that its file manager seems somewhat clumsy. There is not other disadvantage of Zarchiver been given by users till now and no fault has been reported.
How to install Zarchiver on android device
You have two options to install Zarchiver in your android device. You may go to Google play store and download and install it there. It is an easy way and does not need any other thing. You can also download Zarchiver APK file on your android device. You can do according to the following steps:
- First, you need to enable applications from unknown sources. For this purpose, go to setting and then head to the security section and enable downloads from unknown sources.
- Download Zarchiver APK file and install it.
- Go to file manager and sd card and click on downloads.
- Start the installation process by selecting the install button.
- Open apps and look for Zarchiver app icon. If it is not there than download again.
- You will receive installed message and enjoy its features now.
How to compress files using Zarchiver
After installing Zarchiver, open the app, and act according to the instructions.
- Choose your required zip file and click on it.
- You will see many options appear on the screen like ‘View,’ ‘Extract here,’ ‘Extract to. //’, ‘Extract…’, ‘Test,’ ‘and Compress to *.zip,’ ‘Compress to *.7z’, ‘Compress….’
- Perform your required task and compress your file.
How to install Zarchiver on PC/MAC
Though Zarchiver is officially declared app for an android device, you may install it on your computer. For this purpose, you need an android emulator. You should follow the instructions to get Zarchiver on your pc. You may use bluestack emulator for this purpose.
- First download and install Bluestack emulator on your pc.
- After you have installed Zarchiver successfully, you should start bluestack emulator.
- Search for Zarchiver.
- Open the play store.
- Use Google account details to log in to play store.
- Here again, search for Zarchiver in play store.
- From search results, choose the official app and install it.
- You can also download Zarchiver APK file and install it in Bluestack.
- Open blue stack, you will see the Zarchiver, click on it to use the app.
Zarchiver for ios
Zarchiver supports ios devices if you install them correctly. It runs smoothly on ios and does not slow down as other apps do. Zarchiver ios are launched exclusively for ios devices because no separate app is there to compress and decompress your files. There is a Zarchiver iPhone and iPad version. You can easily download this app if you have installed astride on your device. You have to follow some instructions and install Zarchiver. The app is minimal in size and has a lite version. There is an instruction to compress files. If it does not work, you may download and install an alternative version of Zarchiver. There are a lot of apps available for the iPhone.
Availability on other systems
Though Zarchiver is exclusively available for android devices, you may check for availability on different operating systems. I have told about installing it on your PC and IOS devices. There are numerous systems where you may use Zarchiver. You can use Zarchiver alternatives if your device does not support it.
Mac Archive Utility Password
You may download and install Zarchiver on Chromecast; you need to install chromecast directly from Play store. Then you may connect chromecast. Enable the unknown sources (this can be done by navigating to settings and security then head to Options-> Enable Unknown Sources), to easily download the APK file. In this way you can use Zarchiver on chromecast system.
If you are unable to install Zarchiver in your device and it does not support Zarchiver, you need not worry. There are a lot of other options for Zarchiver. You can download and install any one which fulfills your needs. These alternative apps can perform the functions of Zarchiver.
Amaze file manager
It is an excellent alternative to Zarchiver. It is an open-source file manager which supports different file formats. It is ad-free. There are no offers, upgrades, and pop-ups. It is free to use, and you can easily install it.
Mac Archive Apps
With a better and attractive interface, it is also an alternative of Zarchiver. It is file and cloud manager and has two different panels. It is also free to use with no ads. It is for android devices.
B1 free archive
It is also a free app with a lot of functions and features. It supports Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. You can compress and uncompress different file formats with it.
What is paid on Zarchiver?
You need not pay anything to get Zarchiver. It is free to download, install, and use. You benefit from its features for free. Moreover, you can earn via file compression if you work as a professional n the market place. In this way you have opportunity to earn through the app.
Frequently asked questions
Though I have discussed all the features and specifications of Zarchiver, there may be some questions.
- What is Zarchiver?
The Zarchiver is an android app which allows you to compress and extract all formats files. You can compress and extract password protected files also. You can remove your files from archives.
- Is Zarchiver available for my pc?
You can download and install Zarchiver on your pc using an android emulator.
- Do I need to pay for Zarchiver?
No, you do not need to pay for downloading and installing Zarchiver. It is free to use.
- How can I use Zarchiver?
You may use it as your file manager; you may edit, share, compress, and decompress your files in any format. Just open the app; you will see different options.
Old Mac Software Archive
Best Archive App For Mac
Zarchiver is the best app when it comes to filing management. There are a lot of apps, but this app is a multipurpose app. Compression, formatting, and archiving are its fundamental characteristics. It is much more functional and speedy.