- From The Android Device. Plug in your Android device to your computer via the supplied USB cable. Swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap on the USB Notification at the bottom of your notifications. Tap the expanded USB Notification. Tap on Transfer Photos (PTP).
- Yes, of course we have! It is actually very easy to root Android device on Mac OS X. You can now follow the steps below to root your Android phone or tablet on Mac. What you should do before rooting Android on Mac: 1. Backup your Android data on computer in case of the data loss problem occurs in accident.
- If you use an Android Phone as a mobile device and MacBook for computing, you might be interested in knowing about different ways to Transfer Photos From Android Phone to Mac. Transfer Photos From Android Phone to Mac. Apple’s MacBook is equipped with a number of utilities that can help you transfer photos from Android Phone to Mac.
Android File Transfer is an official app developed by Google with which you can easily transfer files from your Android device to any computer running Mac OS X. To transfer any file, you just have to install the app on your computer and connect the Android device using a USB cable, selecting the MTP option. To transfer files from your Android to your Mac, you'll need a program called Android File Transfer. This official Android program allows you to access your Android storage much like any other folder on your Mac. You can then transfer files to and from it.
To prevent your Android data loss, the best way is to back it up to some safe place such as your Mac computer. However, many users don't realize the importance of backup. To preclude the potential chance of data loss, we have listed 5 useful ways to teach you how to back up Android to Mac. Just read on and learn the information.
Method 1: How to Backup Android to Mac with Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac
The best way for you to back up your Android phone to Mac is to use Coolmuster Android Assistant (Mac version). This software is a full-featured tool with which users can back up Android phone data to the Mac comprehensively. It supports you to back up photos, music, videos, contacts, call logs, SMS, apps, etc. from Android to Mac with high security and no data loss. It allows you to preview files before backing up your data.
Quick Look - Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac
- Connect an Android phone to a Mac easily.
- Support transferring files from Android phone to Mac and vise Versa, including contacts, text messages, call logs, photos, videos, music, apps, and books.
- Manage Android files on your computer. On the desktop, you can edit contacts, read text messages, view call logs, install or uninstall apps, etc.
- Backup and restore an Android phone on a Mac with 1 click.
- Support all kinds of Android devices, such as Samsung, Huawei, LG, HTC, Sony, Motorola, ZTE, OPPO, Xiaomi, OnePlus, etc.
- The Mac version works perfectly on Mac OS X 10.9 or later.
Free download Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac and follow the tutorial to backup your Android phone to the Mac in minutes.
>> 1.1 Backup Android Phone to Mac with 1 Click
Wonder how to use this software? Coolmuster Android Assistant provides you two usages with simple steps. For users who want to back up everything on Android phone to the Mac in one go, this 1-click backup function can be very helpful.
Step 1: Launch the software and connect your Android phone to Mac.
Download and install the right version of this software on your Mac. Launch the program and connect your Android phone to Mac via a USB cable. Enable USB debugging on your Android.
Step 2: Back up Android phone to Mac with 1 Click.
After the program detects your Android, go to the 'Super Toolkit' on the top menu bar and choose 'Backup'. Select the types of data you want to back up and choose a local folder to save the backup. Then click the 'Back Up' button to start the process.
>> 1.2 Backup Android Phone to Mac Selectively
If you want to back up some certain contents from Android phone to your Mac, this software also supports you to do so. Follow the steps below to choose the files you want to back up.
Step 1: Connect your Android phone to Mac with a USB cable.
Launch the program on your Mac and connect your Android phone to Mac using a USB cable. Enable USB debugging on your Android phone. Then the program starts to detect your Android phone.
Step 2: Choose the Android files you want to back up to Mac.
After the detection, all your Android phone data will be displayed on the interface. Just choose the type of files in the left penal.
Step 3: Start to back up your Android data to the Mac computer.
You can preview and check the items you want to back up. After the selection, click the 'Export' button to back up these files to your Mac.
More Features of Coolmuster:
Method 2: How to Backup Android to Macbook with Android File Transfer?
Google has designed a Mac app called Android File Transfer for users to transfer and back up Android data to a Mac. Using this app, you can back up your Android document, music, photo, and videos to Mac. Using this method you need to connect your Android phone to the Mac with the original cable.
Here are the steps to back up Android to Mac with Android File Transfer.
- Download the Android File Transfer and install it on your Mac.
- Launch the app and connect your Android phone to Mac with original cable.
- Once connected, browse through the internal memory/SD card of your Android phone.
- Choose the data you want to back up.
- Drag and drop the required data into a folder on your Mac.
Android Project For Mac
This method is easy to use and it becomes the most common solution for backing up Android to Mac. However, it has a limit on the type of data you can back up, and sometimes the program fails to detect your Android phone.
You May Need:
Method 3: How to Backup Android to Mac with Smart Switch?
Another useful app which can help you create a backup on Mac for your Android phone is Samsung Smart Switch. Using this tool, you can easily transfer contacts, photos, messages, and more from your Samsung phone to your Macbook. But first, you need to download Smart Switch on your Mac.
Here is how to back up Android phone to Mac with Smart Switch.
#1. Backup an entire Android phone to Mac
- Connect your Android phone to your Mac using a USB cable and then tap 'ALLOW' on your Android phone.
- Open the Smart Switch on your Mac and select 'Backup'. Then the program will automatically start to back up your Android phone for you.
- The backup process may take several minutes. When it is finished, you will be notified with a prompt on your screen. Just tap 'OK'.
#2. Sync contacts and calendars from Android to Mac
- Launch Smart Switch and connect your Android device to Mac.
- On the main interface of Smart Switch, click 'Sync'.
- You can select contacts or (and) calendars, then tap on 'Sync Now'.
#3. Transfer media files from Android to Mac
- Launch Samsung Smart Switch and connect your Android phone to Mac.
- On the main interface, tap on the folder icon, it is next to your phone memory info.
- Browse your Android file list and go to the folder that contains your desired files.
- Drag the files to your Mac.
Note:Samsung Smart Switch is developed for Samsung devices. It may not work perfectly on other Android brands.
Android For Mac Pro 10.5
Smart Switch Is Also Used to Transfer Files from Phone to Phone:
Method 4: How to Backup Android to Mac Wirelessly with Google?
If you want to back up your Android phone to Mac wirelessly, Google is a good choice. Although it is not a one-stop backup method, you can still back up your Android photos, videos, contacts, and calendars, etc. But first of all, you need a Google account. Click to see how to create a Google account.
See how to back up different files on your Android phone to Mac.
#1. Backup contacts
You can back up your contacts with Gmail.
- Go to 'Settings' and choose 'Google services'.
- Sign in to your Gmail account with your Google account.
- Open the Google account.
- Enable the 'Sync Contacts' option on your Android and your contacts will be automatically backed up to your Gmail account.
- Browse to gmail.com on your Mac and log in your Gmail account.
- Go to the 'Contacts' tap.
- Click 'More' > 'Export' > 'Export Contacts in CSV or vCard format' to download the contacts from Android to your Mac.
#2. Backup photos and videos
- Download the Google Photos app and open it on your Android phone.
- Log in your Google account.
- Click 'Menu' and choose 'Settings'.
- Tap 'Backup & sync' > 'Continue' to set 'Upload size'.
- Choose the 'High quality' option.
- Tap on 'Continue' to upload photos and videos from your Android device to Google.
- Browse to Google Photos for Web on your Mac and log in your Google account.
- Find the photos and videos that you have synced to your Google account and download them to your Mac.
#3. Backup Android other files
- Download and install the Google Drive app on your Android phone.
- Upload files and folders from Android phone to Google Drive.
- View the file backup on Google Drive for Web with Mac.
- Find your wanted files and download them to your Mac.
Method 5: How to Backup An Android Phone to A Mac Wirelessly Using AirDroid?
If you don't want to use Google to back up your Android data to Mac, there is another wireless way available - using AirDroid Backup app. This app will connect your device using Wi-Fi. To use this method, you have to download and install this app on your Android phone first.
Now, let's see how to back up your Android phone to Mac with AirDroid.
- Download this app on your Android.
- On your Mac, browse to AirDroid for Web.
- Create an AirDroid account.
- Sign in the web application with your email, social communication account, or the QR code.
- Then your Android is connected to the Mac.
- Go to the folder on the AirDroid web to select the detailed files as you like.
- Download the files you want to back up to the Mac and click 'Download'.
Above are the methods we want to share with you for backing up Android phone to Mac. All of them can help keep your data's security, but considering stability and convenience, we recommend Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac to you first. But you can pick the one you like best and give it a try on your device.
There are many people with Android and Mac devices, but they do not know that they can get their Android phones work with their Mac. With the improvement in the level of technology and innovativeness, software developers are indeed working hard to reduce the limitations and barriers of products from different manufacturers. Thanks to them now an Android device can be compatible to Mac. There are hundreds of thousands of Android Mac software available online, but here are the top 5 best Android software for Mac that every owner with a Mac PC should download and install into their devices.
1# MobileTrans for Mac
MobileTrans for Mac (or you can use MobileTrans for Windows) is an excellent, safe and risk-free phone transfer tool, which comes with innovative and amazing features. It does not only allow you to export or import data between smartphones or between phones and Mac devices, but also lets you backup, restore and permanently delete data. Moreover, it allows you to transfer iCloud and iTunes back-ups such as music, photos, SMS, contacts, videos and more to your phone.
The software is considered to be one of the most advanced data transfer tools available on the web. It’s designed in a way that it transfers all the data without losing quality. This software is not only limited to Android users as Android user as iOS, Blackberry and Nokia users can also enjoy all its benefits. Phone Transfer is indeed a must have software. With it installed in your PC, you will never be worried when you decide to upgrade, switch phones or sell your current phone model.
2# Android File Transfer for Mac
If you would like to browse and the transfer your favorite files between your Android device and Mac, then Android File Transfer can be very helpful to you. This Android software for Mac is highly recommended for Android and Mac users who would like to back up, restore or just share their files with friends and relatives. It supports data transfer through a USB cable, just like most of the Android-Mac data transfer software’s.
In order to use Android File Transfer for Mac, you must ensure that your PC is operating on Mac-OS X 10.5 or later and your phone has Android 3.0 or later. There are two main challenges faced by users of this software. The first one is that it only supports the data transfer of up to 4 GB and secondly, most users are not able to uninstall it successfully.
3# Android SDK
Android SDK refers to a software development kit that helps software developers to create Android apps. Android SDK includes the sample projects with development tools, source codes, an emulator, and the required libraries for building Android apps. The apps are written with the Java programming language and then run on Dalvik, which refers to a custom virtual machine that is designed for embedded usage and runs on top of the Linuxkernel.
If you are an aspiring mobile software developer, then this is a must have app. It offers you a perfect chance to become more creative and innovative and everything you need to build applications are provided. However, the app can be tricky to operate for beginners.
4# Samsung Kies for Mac
Android For Mac Os
Samsung Kies refers connects a mobile phone to a PC, making it easier for users to synchronize the data between various devices and find new apps. This provides users with the best way to keep their mobile up to date. Once you connect your phone to Kies through a USB cable, you are automatically notified of the available updates to your phone’s firmware. Kies Android software Mac is also available to help Android users to manage data transfers.
Android For Mac Download
Bluestacks is an app that features Bluestacks app player as well as other cloud-based cross platform products that are designed to allow Android applications to run on Windows PCs and Macintosh computers. They have over 1.5 million games and over 500, 000 HTML5/Flash games. Therefore, you can log in, chat or play with Android apps on your Windows computer for free and on a bigger screen.